This was an ex-LNER Gresley design 4-6-2 A4 class locomotive and tender, built in 1935.
The livery was either pale metallic blue, silver or British Railways standard green. The smokebox and cab roof was painted black. The tender came in the same liveries, with coal painted black. There was high relief lining and the BR motif, which were picked out in red. The buffer beams were finished in red.
On the locomotive chassis, the pony truck wheels and middle pair of driving wheels did not have flanges. The trailing pair of wheels were a non-moving moulded part. The tender chassis was mounted on two pairs of wheels.
Early production had a riveted tin plate towing eye linking the locomotive to a downward pin on the tender. The back of the tender had a cast ring loop. Later the locomotive had a cast ring tow bar, the tender having an up facing pin.
Detail on the engine included cylinders, moulded pistons and valve gear, chimney, dome, whistle and hand rails on the boiler. Riveting was also shown on the firebox.
Detail on the tender included the the corridor at the back of the tender, coal and water cap and the chassis included coil springs and journal boxes.
The two parts were sold separately, the tender usually with a straight section of track.